[cdi-dev] Observer methods in Java EE

Laird Nelson ljnelson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 17:00:24 EST 2013

Hello; the CDI specification says that an observer method is a

non-abstract method of a managed bean class or session bean class (or of an
> extension, as defined in [init_events]<http://docs.jboss.org/cdi/spec/1.1/cdi-spec.html#init_events>).
> An observer method may be either static or non-static. *If the bean is a
> session bean, the observer method must be either a business method of the
> EJB *or a static method of the bean class.

If I have a business interface that my SLSB implements that is intended to
be an observer method, must @Observes be present on the interface's
method's event parameter, the bean class' method's event parameter, or both?

Thanks,
Best,
Laird

--