[cdi-dev] PFD submission

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 16:22:01 EST 2013

On 22 Feb 2013, at 21:01, Mark Struberg <struberg at yahoo.de> wrote:

> Beans without any explicit scope still get picked up as @Dependent.
> I thought this was agreed to get dropped if beans.xml version=1.1 ?

This change is in, and if you upgrade a schema to 1.1, by default, it won't pick up classes without a bean defining annotation. This is mostly covered in 12.1 and 12.4, the rest of the changes for this were largely cosmetic or the section in chapter 2 defining a bean defining annotation.

> There are quite a few other wording and formatting changes which got added by bulk

I don't think there are any "bulk" changes (except Martin's patch to give every section an id), though I'm not quite sure what a "bulk" change is. All of the changes I've put have addressed specific issues.

> and make it hard to check for the differences since the last time I checked (and the EG didn't meet  since 2 months ago).

Yes unfortunately my availability has been very patchy to work on the spec of late, for which I can only apologise. I am actively looking at ways to improve this for the next version of CDI (as we are now approaching the end of CDI 1.1, it's unlikely I can get anything sorted out before then). I'll let the list know as soon as I have anything definite in this area.

As usual, please do bring stuff up on the mailing list :-)