[cdi-dev] CDI and generics

Marko Lukša marko.luksa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 03:32:24 EDT 2013

Yes, you'd need an extension that registers multiple beans. But that's
how it needs to be.

It's not sad. This simply can't work. If you inject the same instance
into both @Inject List<String> stringList and @Inject List<Integer>
integerList, then the user can do this:

stringList.add("some string");
integerList.add(15);
for (String str : stringList) {
     System.out.println(str);
}

which would result in a ClassCastException, right?

Marko