[cdi-dev] Doubt about bean discovery default behaviour

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Thu May 9 09:51:51 EDT 2013

Hi

Apologies for the delay in responding.

This is indeed an issue CDI 1.1, and is something that we were aware of and raised as a potential issue when discussing this feature.

Fortunately we do have the "get out clause" in the spec that you mention, which I believe we can use to essentially produce a blacklist of jars in the app server that shouldn't be scanned (such as guava).

JJ, Jozef, Stuart, WDYT?

Also, any ideas of how we can address this better in the spec in the MR?

Pete