[cdi-dev] Today's meeting agenda

Antoine Sabot-Durand antoine at sabot-durand.net
Wed Dec 10 10:29:53 EST 2014

Hi guys,

As said before, the discussion in async event workshop is very rich but reached a high level of confusion preventing us to go further on these important features. After getting very precious feedback from José and documenting myself on new asynchronous feature in JDK 8 I rewrote a more broader doc about async operation in CDI 2.0.  In this doc I try a new approach to help us take decision step by step.
Once these points discussed, I think it will be easier to get back to Async Event workshop since we’ll have taken basic approach for Async operation in CDI 2.0.

I’m currently working on this doc but you can reach it here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pDO7gru6YuEyTDdK3XBozvXZYucT9uC7McZMffSZun4/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pDO7gru6YuEyTDdK3XBozvXZYucT9uC7McZMffSZun4/edit?usp=sharing>

There’s already big decision to make in the beginning of the doc (adoption of JDK 8 CompletableFuture API and support of Async method call). I don’t know if we’ll be able to take these decision in today’s meeting but I propose we use this doc to debate today.

Antoine Sabot-Durand