[cdi-dev] Is the concept of mutable event payload specified

José Paumard jose.paumard at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 13:20:44 EST 2014

There's defnitely a bug in the spec on that point, because nowhere it is
stated that the event are consumed in the same thread as the one that fired
the event. So, the spec allows for mutable event payload and does not state
that this event should be consumed in the same thread. It is thus possible
to have concurrency (incl. but not limited to visibility) issues.

While introducing async events, we definitely need to do some clean up
here. And be careful about not breaking existing code, of course.

José

--
Java le soir <http://blog.paumard.org> Cours Java en ligne
<http://blog.paumard.org/cours-tutoriaux/>