[cdi-dev] Scope of what bean archives an extension applies to

John D. Ament john.d.ament at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 15:51:17 EST 2014

Hi all,

Quick question.  This is mostly from playing around with Weld SE
2.1.2, so I'm not sure if my question is going to be Weld SE specific
or be generally applied.

Looking through the spec, I did not see any obvious indications of
this.  What is the scope of the application of an Extension class?
Suppose I had a JAR file that had
META-INF/services/javax.enterprise.inject.spi.Extension with the
contents of some extension class.  Should the application of that
extension class apply to all JARs within the same classpath?  If that
extension were listed in a WAR file, would it apply to the WAR and all
JAR modules?

John