[cdi-dev] exclude rules questions

Mark Struberg struberg at yahoo.de
Fri Jan 31 15:07:49 EST 2014

Hi!

A few questions regarding exclude rules

1.) does .* mean only the package, but no sub-packages. Whereas .** also includes sub-packages?
Marek brought up another interesting note: com.foo.** would according to the wording also exclude com.foobar... Is that intended?

2.) Are multiple children allowed in an exclude rule in beans.xml?
There is a funny example in the spec:

<exclude name="com.acme.ejb.**">

  <if-class-available name="javax.enterprise.inject.Model"/>

  <if-system-property name="exclude-ejbs"/>
</exclude>

But I could not find the explanation what should happen. The if-class-available is nowhere stated. Or did I overlook it?

txs and LieGrue,
strub