[cdi-dev] Events and Type Variables in CDI 1.1

Arne Limburg arne.limburg at openknowledge.de
Tue May 6 03:31:58 EDT 2014

Hi Martin,

Your view on that seems reasonable, but the spec does not state so:

An event object is an instance of a concrete Java class with no
unresolvable type "variables"

And a Wildcard is surely not type variable. So I am with Jozef. This is a
spec issue. As you, too, wrote, we should explicitly forbid wildcard types
in event object

I’ll create a spec issue for that.

Cheers,
Arne