[cdi-dev] Feedback from Devoxx

arjan tijms arjan.tijms at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 16:23:22 EST 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 10:04 PM, Antonio Goncalves
<antonio.goncalves at gmail.com> wrote:
> Like @dblevins once said "EJB was a super hype spec with all the cool
> features... and became blotted throughout the years". If we are not careful,
> CDI (the super hype spec at the moment) will become blotted too

I strongly support that!

IMHO as little as possible of these higher level features should be
implemented within CDI itself, so that CDI itself can completely focus
on being the contextual DI spec on which all other specs can build.

I think it's already problematic that CDI 1.1 provided producers for
Servlet artifacts, instead of letting the Servlet spec itself define
those producers. If/when Servlet starts depending on CDI there will be
a rather awkward circular dependency.

Kind regards,
Arjan