[cdi-dev] Java SE / EE split, link to the generated spec

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Wed Apr 15 11:06:12 EDT 2015

I think this is a good start. I agree with Tomas’ points, and additionally I think we need to normalise the language used to describe the “additions”. I number of phrases are used, and it really should be just one (so that people don’t argue in the future about whether different phrasings have different implications).

I like “When running in Java EE […] the container must additionaly […]” the most. For example I would change

In Java EE, in addition to the kinds of bean listed in Programming model, the container must provide built-in support for injection and contextual lifecycle management of the following kinds of bean:

When running in Java EE, the container must additionally provide built-in support for injection and contextual lifecycle management of the following kinds of bean:

This should replace everything like “with the following addition”, “in Java EE, the container is also required” etc.

You’ve raised contexts elsewhere so let me discus that there.

Pete