[cdi-dev] Best way to specify for spec that CDI contexts should be available?

Antonio Goncalves antonio.goncalves at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 05:12:35 EDT 2015

Hi Arjan,

Are you just wondering on how this should be expressed in the specification
?

If you look at most of the Java EE specs, there's often a "relationship to
other specs" section (example Interceptor 1.2 "Relationship to Other
Specifications").

EJB has two sections (2.8 - Relationship to Managed Bean Specification and
2.9 - Relationship to Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI). If you read
the relation to CDI section, you see things like "An EJB packaged into a
CDI bean archive and not annotated with javax.enterprise.inject.Vetoed
annotation, is considered a CDI-enabled bean"

And, of course, most of the specs have a "Related Documents" section at the
end that points to all the related specs.

Antonio

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect, Java Champion and Pluralsight author

Web site <http://www.antoniogoncalves.org> | Twitter
<http://twitter.com/agoncal> | LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/agoncal> |
Pluralsight
<http://pluralsight.com/training/Authors/Details/antonio-goncalves> | Paris