[cdi-dev] Clarification on the difference on Vetoed and exclude filters regarding Java EE component classes

Emily Jiang EMIJIANG at uk.ibm.com
Fri Aug 7 04:29:09 EDT 2015

Thanks Martin for your reply! Your reply confirmed my understanding of
@Vetoed.

What is the expected behaviour if I exclude my JavaEE component class in
the filter under beans.xml? Will this cause the JavaEE component class
being ignored by CDI or this should have the same effect as being
annotated as @Vetoed?

"In the 12.4.2, it states: If the filter is active, and: .... then we say
that the type is excluded from discovery."

Does the above discovery mean both type and bean discovery or just bean
discovery? If it means both type and bean discovery, the classes should be
ignored by CDI. Please confirm.

Many thanks,
Emily
Emily Jiang
WebSphere Application Server Liberty Profile development, CDI Development
Lead

MP 211, DE3A20, Winchester, Hampshire, England, SO21 2JN
Phone:  +44 (0)1962 816278  Internal: 246278

Email: emijiang at uk.ibm.com
Lotus Notes: Emily Jiang/UK/IBM at IBMGB