[cdi-dev] Time to start working on CDI lite

Antonio Goncalves antonio.goncalves at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 02:47:13 EDT 2015

@George, in your use case, would having basic dependency injection help ?

@Antoine If the future of Java EE is modularity, then having basic
dependency injection *makes* sense. Even if Java EE 8 will not make any
movement towards modularity, we hope that EE9 will. In these times of micro
services, you could bundle basic DI instead of the all thing. So, in my
opinion, it makes sense to think of it in EE too.

*"CDI lite is basic injection plus producer plus programmatic lookup plus
events, so it's more than a fatter jsr 330"*

So you are thinking of having events in CDI Lite ?

Antonio

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect, Java Champion and Pluralsight author

Web site <http://www.antoniogoncalves.org> | Twitter
<http://twitter.com/agoncal> | LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/agoncal> |
Pluralsight
<http://pluralsight.com/training/Authors/Details/antonio-goncalves> | Paris