[cdi-dev] where is defined javax.enterprise.context.conversation.id?

Romain Manni-Bucau rmannibucau at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 06:53:45 EST 2015

Well it is quite explicit:

1.6 Operators [] and .
The EL follows ECMAScript in unifying the treatment of the . and [] operators.
expr-a.identifier-b is equivalent to expr-a[“identifier-b”]; that is, the
identifier identifier-b is used to construct a literal whose value is
the identifier,
and then the [] operator is used with that value.

so javax.enterprise.context.conversation.id =
javax["enterprise"]["context"]["conversation"]["id"].

If then you follow the EL resolution agorithm there is no way which
can match our name case - and EL is only inspired from ECMA and doesnt
follow all its rules.

The best would be to add a "cdi" object (whatever name it is while it
is compliant) and to allow:

${cdi['javax.enterprise.context.conversation']} syntax, exactly like
requestScope can be used to get javax.servlet.* properties.

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau
http://www.tomitribe.com
http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com