[cdi-dev] Async event proposal

Antoine Sabot-Durand antoine at sabot-durand.net
Fri Jun 5 13:43:41 EDT 2015

Yes Jozef,

As said multiple times we cannot prevent users to mute payload in async
events but they should know that it's their responsibility to do so (no
concurrency or thread safety guaranteed by us).
I have no problem to revert this. My idea was to be consistent with
synchronous observer returning void.
I also feared that returning an handle on the payload could confuse users,
making them think that we manage concurrency and thread safety on the
payload when we don't do it.
Now, adding the payload to the async pipeline coule make sense...

Antoine