[cdi-dev] Contexts behavior in SE and Async Event for EDR1

Mark Struberg struberg at yahoo.de
Sat Jun 20 16:25:07 EDT 2015

The Request context is not needed by the eventing system itself. But tons of usercode around needs the requestcontext to be set up and active. This is the default for almost every spec definedmanaged bean invocation. So we should rather not change this for async events neither. If we change this then you could not reuse lots of existing code in your new async observer.

The lifecycle is rather easy to define: it starts shortly before the async method (including interceptors/decorators/etc) gets started and ends afterwards.

LieGrue,
strub