[cdi-dev] DefinitionException vs DeploymentException

Jozef Hartinger jharting at redhat.com
Tue Mar 3 09:46:21 EST 2015

If a given scenario is well defined in the specification such as this one:

"If a managed bean which declares a passivating scope is not passivation
capable then the container automatically detects the problem and treats
it as a deployment problem."

then the RI should be firing DeploymentException and the TCK should
require DeploymentException. If this does not happen then it is a bug.
Please file an issue for each such bug you find.

Jozef