[cdi-dev] It seems we missed a point in CDIProvider enhancement

Antoine Sabot-Durand antoine at sabot-durand.net
Wed May 13 13:08:56 EDT 2015

Hi all,

While cleaning Javadoc in CDIProvider, I realized that getCDI() method description is not compatible with the multiple container initialization we allowed in the API.

While running in Java EE getCDI() retuns the current container which is fine since there’s only one, but what do we expect from it when running in SE?

I thought of 2 simple solutions for EDR1:

1) make getCDI() return the last CDI object initialized by the CDIProvider
2) Forbid getCDI() in SE

Of course there’s always the solution of moving the code outside CDIProvider, but it’s less simple…

Wdyt,

Antoine