[cdi-dev] HttpSession failover from cdi 1.0 impl to cdi 1.2 impl

Mark Struberg struberg at yahoo.de
Fri Oct 9 07:53:14 EDT 2015

Wonder the same. I’m 100% sure that it is NOT portable for NIV. Wheras for EJB2 style EJBs it _might_ working due to RMI/IIOP (Though don’t remember whether this was only specified for remoting or also for clustering. Nor do I remember if the spec said anything about clustering at all).

I guess there often is ‚additional‘ wrapper stuff handed over in addition to the normal beans for EJB3 style EJBs. I know for sure that we do exactly that in OpenEJB. We have additional wrappers e.g. for transported Exceptions when doing remoting. We hand over the ’string representation’ and the original Exception stack data separately. In case we cannot de-serialize the Exception on the other side. Think about sending some OptimisticLockException (or even some internal Hibernate Exception) over to an EJB client which doesn’t have any Hibernate jars and not even the jaa-spec jar on it’s classpath… Similar additional information might be stored in any EJB proxy. Or think about Extended Persistence Contexts. How should that ever work to be serialized between e.g. WildFly and Glassfish? How would you replicate over some Hibernate Exception if the other node is running Glassfish with EclipseLink? :)

LieGrue,
strub