[cdi-dev] [Vote] @Priority value order on ordered events

Martin Kouba mkouba at redhat.com
Thu Dec 8 06:51:34 EST 2016

+1

The sentence "Observers with smaller priority values are called first."
sounds weird. If it were @Order annotation, the sentence would be fine
and natural. But right now, we say that observers with highest priority
are notified last.

By the way, interceptors are different beasts - an interceptor with the
highest priority is "closest" to the bean method invocation, i.e. it's
the last one which can react BEFORE the bean method is invoked and the
first one which can react AFTER the bean invocation returns (and process
the result).

Martin

Dne 8.12.2016 v 11:45 Matej Novotny napsal(a):
> +0
>
> Don't really care. Since it's not unified across CDI, having it one way or the other doesn't really make difference to me.
>
> Matej

Martin Kouba
Software Engineer
Red Hat, Czech Republic