[cdi-dev] Clarification of Any qualifier

John Ament john.ament at spartasystems.com
Wed Dec 28 09:53:06 EST 2016

Hi,

So an issue came up with OWB and programmatic look up.

In OWB, when you use CDI.current() the instance you get back includes an any qualifier.  I do a programmatic look up of a custom bean that is registered with just a single qualifier - @Database.  OWB looks up an instance that has qualifiers Any and Database, but cannot find any because my bean doesn't declare it.

My interpretation of http://docs.jboss.org/cdi/spec/1.2/cdi-spec.html#builtin_qualifiers is that the container (OWB) should be adding @Any  to my custom bean even if I don't specify it.  Is that the proper interpretation?  Or am I required to add @Any to my bean?

John

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information which should be treated accordingly. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this message, and destroy all physical and electronic copies. Thank you.