[cdi-dev] [Vote] for CDI-527 / PR 271 allow proxying of classes with non-private final methods

Antoine Sabot-Durand antoine at sabot-durand.net
Tue Feb 9 11:36:51 EST 2016

Hi all,

There have been a lot of discussion around CDI-527 in the last weeks:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/CDI-527

Mark proposed a PR:
https://github.com/cdi-spec/cdi/pull/271

But we don't agree on adding this feature to the spec.
This vote is to decide if we should add this feature at the spec level now,
or not.
Should we vote this feature down, that won't mean it will be completely
dropped: it could be implemented as non portable feature in both Spec or
even be included as experimental feature in the spec (in annexes) as
describe in the PR comments
Vote starts now, only vote from EG members are binding (but you can give
your opinion if not part of the EG) and will last 72 hours.

You vote with the following values:
+1 : I'm favorable for adding this feature in the spec
-1 : I'm against adding this feature in the spec
0 : I don't care

Thank you for your attention and your vote.

Antoine Sabot-Durand