[cdi-dev] [Vote] for CDI-527 / PR 271 allow proxying of classes with non-private final methods

John D. Ament john.d.ament at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 07:48:24 EST 2016

+1 for adding this feature to the spec.

-1 for adding it the way it is written currently.  This isn't to say that
Mark's idea is bad, its just that it puts too much onus on the application
developer to know the structure of its classes, both internally developed
and externally provided.

We should follow a pattern closer to EJB (in my opinion) where the
non-proxyable methods are just not proxied - you won't get transactions,
etc available.

John