[cdi-dev] Concurrency Control

Werner Keil werner.keil at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 14:08:18 EST 2016

Yes, there's no "incubating" stage for JSRs other than "not Final", so as
soon as a JSR or parts of it are final, they become part of an umbrella
spec if that spec wants to contain them.

Potentially from Java EE 9 on there could be much finer grained activation
or deactivation of features and profiles as soon as the whole Jigsaw thing
and SE 9 is out, but until then I think we' have to stick to what's
available right now.

For CDI 2 modularity or running in Java SE are already in scope, but other
than e.g. having "ee-concurrency" only in the Java EE profile of CDI, I
don't see how CDI should do things the platform will provide later anyway.

Regards,

Werner