[cdi-dev] 'implicit bean' definition, section 2.5.1

Matej Novotny manovotn at redhat.com
Mon Jun 6 02:25:24 EDT 2016

Hi Mark

I think there is a reason for that.
Look at section "12.1. Bean archives" -> "An  implicit  bean  archive is  any  other  archive  which
contains  one  or  more  bean  classes  with  a  bean defining annotation as defined in Bean defining annotations." (E.g. which contains one or more implicit beans)

Basically, "implicit bean" creates a basis for definition on "implicit bean archive" (and, as opposed to that, "explicit bean archive").
I think you want to use explicit/implicit to define archives (based on presence/absence of beans.xml). And from that you derive that implicit archive contains implicit beans.

Matej