[cdi-dev] @ThreadScoped?

Romain Manni-Bucau rmannibucau at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 17:34:58 EDT 2016

Le 20 mars 2016 22:21, "Mark Struberg" <struberg at yahoo.de> a écrit :

> But the Context only gets the information from the Bean<T>. And that only
returns a Class. The Context just has no clue what the parameter for that
very impl was. And it also cannot simply ask the Class#getAnnotations() as
this would break all Extensions inbetween.
> Not quite sure how you imagine this should work.

Annotated can be retrieved now and scopes shouldnt be needed before after
the validation so sounds good to me.

Agree with Arjan we need a context.run(Runnable/Supplier) to have something
user friendly.

> On Sunday, 20 March 2016, 22:13, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau at gmail.com>
wrote:
> >Le 20 mars 2016 22:03, "Mark Struberg" <struberg at yahoo.de> a écrit :
> >>

> >> Sorry for my brevity. Was on a cellphone only.
> >>

> >> My point is: Context#get(Bean<T>) and Bean<T> only has getScope()
which looks like

> >> public Class<? extends Annotation> getScope();
> >>
> >> Thus having something like
> >>
> >> @RequestScoped(allowMultithreads=true)
> >> public class BlaBlaController {..}
> >>
> >> would get represented by a Bean<BlaBlaController> which could only
return RequestScoped.class.
> >> There is simply no way to return the "allowMultithreads=true"
information somewhere as we only deal with Classes.

> >> The same applies to BeanManager#getContext():
> >>
> >> public Context getContext(Class<? extends Annotation> scope);
> >>
> >Not related to me since the context should handle it and not the bean
manager.

> >> No Annotation but Class, you see?
> >>
> >> -> Currently there is no way to evaluate an additional attribute on a
scope annotation.

> >> And thus section 2.4.2 of the CDI specification also clearly states
> >> "A scope type must not have any attributes. If a scope type has
attributes non-portable behavior results."

> >Nothing we cant change and worde case change the flag to an own
annotation and it works which prooves it is not really relevant and it
would work.

> >> roger?
> >>
> >> LieGrue,
> >> strub

it if needee but i  most of cases the context will see the bean and will
not need it.

> >> Note that for all code provided on this list, the provider licenses
the code under the Apache License, Version 2 (
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html). For all other ideas
provided on this list, the provider waives all patent and other
intellectual property rights inherent in such information.