[cdi-dev] CDI events in .ear packaged application

Martin Kouba mkouba at redhat.com
Tue Nov 29 06:34:13 EST 2016

Hi Sverker,

the CDI spec does not define any visibility boundaries for events. So an
observer method should be notified if the declaring bean is enabled and
the payload type is accessible. I would try to verify these assumptions
first (e.g. use debug logging [1] or development mode [2]).

Also do you have a sample app/reproducer?

Martin

[1]
http://weld.cdi-spec.org/documentation/#7

[2]
http://weld.cdi-spec.org/news/2016/10/07/tip2-devmode/

Dne 29.11.2016 v 12:18 sverker napsal(a):
> Hi
> I'm trying to solve an issue with CDI usage in Apache Camel where I was
> suggested to use CDI Events to configure the context behavior. This works
> fine in the testcases packaged as .jar or .war, but when I try to use it in
> my application that is packaged as an .ear then it doesn't work. The event
> is never received.
>
> When I search on this issue it appears to be due to classloader boundary and
> that CDI events won't be carried over them. I had a similar problem before
> in the application which I solved by using a JMS topic instead but can't do
> that now.
>
> Anybody knows a way to make CDI events work in an .ear packaged application
> deployed on Wildfly 10.1 application server?
>
> Link to the ticket for Apache Camel:

Martin Kouba
Software Engineer
Red Hat, Czech Republic