[cdi-dev] Types of Principal object

arjan tijms arjan.tijms at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 12:00:40 EDT 2017

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 4:48 PM, Matej Novotny <manovotn at redhat.com> wrote:

> And spec requires all built-in beans to be decorable - e.g. you need them
> to be proxyable (although the added value of principal decorator is ...eh,
> disputable at best?).

That would be kinda disputable indeed :O

> Therefore, it is safer/viable to create a proxyable wrapper object which
> implements Principal only and delegetas calls (that's what Weld does).

As i mentioned, the proxy has to be there as just injecting a non-proxy
Principal would not work correctly. If a logout call is done, the injected
Principal would still be the principal that it was before, let alone what
happens if the Principal is inject in application scoped beans...

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms