[cdi-dev] DeltaSpike not compiling with CDI 2.0/Weld 3

Matej Novotny manovotn at redhat.com
Fri Jan 20 05:01:07 EST 2017

Hi John

It is a known "issue" which I even sent an email about to DS mailing list.

The cause is that DS compiles against Java 6 and CDI 2.0 adds a bunch of *default* methods which will then not be recognized.
This in the end means that some DS classes (implementing interfaces from CDI where such methods were addded) cannot be compiled as implementation will be missing.

The easiest solution is to compile with --source=1.8 and --target=1.8

Here is the link to the email conversation I originally sent - https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@deltaspike.apache.org:2016-12

Regards
Matej