[cdi-dev] Consistency across specs with the use of @Priority

John Ament john.ament at spartasystems.com
Sun Oct 22 21:54:35 EDT 2017

I found this interesting to say the least.  In CDI, we use highest priority where the value of the @Priority annotation is compared the higher numeric value is considered higher priority.  We followed suite so far in MicroProfile specs.  I'm not looking to throw dirt, but wanted to get a general opinion from others on this.  The JAX-RS treats the lower numeric value as more important (in mathematical terms, it's being treated as the denominator).

> If two or more providers are candidates for a certain task, the one with the highest priority is chosen: the highest priority is defined to be the one with the lowest value in this case. That is, @Priority(1) is higher than @Priority(10).

So I'm wondering, why did CDI use the approach that CDI is using?

John

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information which should be treated accordingly. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this message, and destroy all physical and electronic copies. Thank you.