[cdi-dev] Duplicate javax.annotation packages and Java 9

Martin Kouba mkouba at redhat.com
Mon Oct 23 03:36:09 EDT 2017

For the record, the CDI API itself does not define a dependency on
javax.annotation at all.

In fact, I'm wondering why @Priority is not part of JDK?? I suppose the
reasons are similar to why javax.annotation.Priority only has
@Target({TYPE,PARAMETER}) (even if we tried to push other element types :-(.

Dne 21.10.2017 v 16:22 John Ament napsal(a):
> Hey all
>

> Not sure where else to turn 😊
>

> I'm trying to start testing my apps on Java 9, I believe Java 9 kicks
> back the javax.annotation dependency that CDI declares due to a package
> collision with the built in JDK's javax.annotation package
> <https://docs.oracle.com/javase/9/docs/api/javax/annotation/package-summary.html>.
> The errors I get are due to missing javax/annotation/Priority.  I'm
> wondering if anyone else has tried this, and if there's a clean work around?
>

> John

> NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments may contain
> confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information which should be
> treated accordingly. If you are not the intended recipient, please
> notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this message, and
> destroy all physical and electronic copies. Thank you.

Martin Kouba
Senior Software Engineer
Red Hat, Czech Republic