[cdi-dev] Attributes on scope annotations

Martin Kouba mkouba at redhat.com
Fri Sep 1 04:50:56 EDT 2017

Hi Todor,

it's not forbidden but defined as non-portable behavior, i.e. it depends
on implementation whether it will ignore the attributes, throw
DeploymentException, etc.

For Weld the attributes should be ignored. Just try OWB and if ok then
you're probably safe to go ;-)

Martin

Dne 1.9.2017 v 09:51 Todor Boev napsal(a):
> Hello,
>
> Is it against the CDI 2.0 specification to have attributes on a scope
> annotation? If not is this a corner case that may become forbidden or
> simply not be taken into account in future versions of the specification?
>
> E.g. @ComponentScoped("my-component")
>
> With Weld 3.0.0 I was able to successfully use such annotations.
>
> Regards,
> Todor

Martin Kouba
Senior Software Engineer