[forge-dev] [forge-users] Problems with scaffolding

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 15:37:24 EDT 2011

Brian,

Sorry for the late reply. Yeah everything is OK, just really busy and a bit
stressed :) How are things on your end?

Re-adding the dev list so that Max and others will see.
To answer your questions, see responses inline.

***ERROR*** [generate-entities] 'hibernate.dialect' must be set when no
> Connection available

Not sure what this is about. It seems that some hibernate configuration
properties need to be set somehow, Max?

> ... i did 'project add-dependency
> org.hibernate:hibernate-tools:3.4.0.CR2-SNAPSHOT'
>
> i also modified my persistence.xml by hand.
>
> neither seems to make much difference.  have rebuilt in forge and
> generate-entities is complaining about 'no connection available.'

The generate-entities command is not aware of persistence.xml (unless you
did something to improve that.) It would certainly be nice, and even nicer
if it would even talk to the appserver through JNDI, but as Max said, he had
hard-coded all the connection properties in his initial effort. This is
something that will need to be A. fixed, or B. worked around.

http://ocpsoft.com
http://scrumshark.com
"Keep it Simple"