[forge-dev] hibernate-tools

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 12:28:40 EDT 2011

Awesome! That;s great news!

Let's continue this on Forge-dev so that everyone can help out be available
for future reference by other devs.

Max, do you know what's up with this error? I know you told me at one point
that you can control this type of behavior.

Thanks,
~Lincoln

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 11:59 AM, brian <brianx at vt.edu> wrote:

> jmdc.readFromJDBC() is failing with this:
>
> ***ERROR*** [generate-entities] Duplicate class name
> 'edu.vt.middleware.domain.AllFileGroups' generated for
> 'org.hibernate.mapping.Table(SYS._ALL_FILE_GROUPS)'. Same name where
> generated for 'org.hibernate.mapping.Table(SYS._ALL_FILE_GROUPS)'
>
> ...there should be a method/flag to tell it to ignore the SYS tableset,
> huh?
>

> On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 10:50 -0400, Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:
> > I took the liberty of updating the plugin to use the new APIs and get
> > it to run. It doesn't however, succeed, because it's missing the
> > HSQLDB driver, and also has hard-coded JDBC connection properties.
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 10:43 AM, brian <brianx at vt.edu> wrote:
> >
> >         ok i'm in business.  knew it would be something procedural.
> >
> >         got the source, rebuilt the plugin, it runs.
> >
> >         now:  there is already a GenerateEntities.java in
> >         org.hibernate.forge.plugin.GenerateEntities.java.
> >
> >         the source you sent is in
> >         org.jboss.seam.forge.persistence.plugins.GenerateEntities.java
> >

> >         ...they look eerily similar.  what gives?
> >

> >         On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 10:33 -0400, brian wrote:
> >         > aha.
> >         >
> >         > On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 10:18 -0400, Lincoln Baxter, III
> >         wrote:
> >         > > With Git, do your changes in the repo directory. Otherwise
> >         it will not
> >         > > be able to track them.
> >         > >
> >         > > ~Lincoln
> >         > >
> >         > > On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Lincoln Baxter, III
> >         > > <lincolnbaxter at gmail.com> wrote:
> >         > >         Your local folder is actually an entire clone of
> >         the Git repo,
> >         > >         with every revision from start to finish. So when
> >         you
> >         > >         push/pull you are actually synchronizing
> >         repositories, This
> >         > >         means that if your local repo thinks it's ahead of
> >         the remote
> >         > >         repo, nothing will happen.
> >         > >
> >         > >         Running this command will probably fix your
> >         issues:
> >         > >
> >         > >                 `git reset HEAD^1 --hard`
> >         > >                 `git reset HEAD^1 --hard`
> >         > >
> >         > >                 `git pull
> >         > >
> >         git://github.com/forge/plugin-hibernate-tools.git
> >         > >                 master
> >         > >
> >         > >         Try those three. (The duplicate is to make your
> >         repo think
> >         > >         that it's "behind".)
> >         > >
> >         > >         I know it's funky, but after I became familiar,
> >         the speed and
> >         > >         control are very addictive compared to SVN. (You
> >         also don't
> [...]

http://ocpsoft.com
http://scrumshark.com
"Keep it Simple"