[forge-dev] Hibernate Tools Plugin: Multiple Freemarker Impls?

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 12:00:43 EDT 2011

It's possible that the shade include is too liberal, and things are getting
overlapped just from that, but...

The first thing I would try is this:

cd plugin-hibernate-tools/
> *mvn dependency:tree*

That will tell maven to dump out a list of all dependencies and what
included them. If you see multiple freemarker impls, then we can go from
there. If not, it's possible the shade config is messing things up, in which
case we will need to work on an alternative bundling strategy. Forge does
not bundle Freemarker, so that shouldn't be the issue.

~Lincoln

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 11:45 AM, brian <brianx at vt.edu> wrote:

> dude i'm stuck.  i don't know shade, and i'm getting what looks like
> classloader issues with freemarker... looks like my plugin is getting
> freemarker 2.3.8 included from somewhere... and i've added (per
> freemarker specs) 2.3.16 to the hibernate-tools plugin pom.  both build
> clean when built separately but sourcing the hib-tools plugin gives what
> looks like a classloader problem:
>
> ***SUCCESS*** Build successful.
> ***INFO*** Installing plugin artifact.
> Wrote /home/brianx/.forge/plugins/

org.jboss.hibernate.forge
> $hibernate-tools-plugin$1$1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
> ***SUCCESS*** Installed from [brianxlong-plugin-hibernate-tools-2f38225]
> successfully.
> Exception in thread "Thread-32"
> com.google.common.collect.ComputationException:
> java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class
> freemarker.ext.beans.MethodMap from class freemarker.ext.beans.MethodMap
> $ClassString
>
> ...the build from my new plugin says that it is excluding freemarker
> 2.3.8 (means included somewhere else - i think in the base forge
> build)?
>
> so i need to rebuild forge?

http://ocpsoft.com
http://scrumshark.com