[forge-dev] Error Installing Plugin: 'Could not import XML from stream'

Ryan Bradley rbradley at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 14:03:11 EST 2011

Hi all,

I just updated the plugin I am developing for Forge to use 1.0.0.Beta4.
The plugin builds successfully; however, I run into problems when the
plugin is being installed.  Specifically, when the module.xml file is
being written, I get the following error: "Could not import XML from
stream".  As well, because of the stage of failure, there is change
registered to ~/.forge/plugins/installed.xml.

Has anybody else run into this problem with the new version of Forge (or
previous versions as well)?  Also, what might help me figure out the
issue is if there was detailed logging of the install process that I
could examine somewhere.

Thanks,
Ryan