[forge-dev] Fwd: Seam Forge logos round 1

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 17:18:11 EDT 2011

I like the anvil because I often use the phrase "banging out code." In fact,
creating software is a lot like creating a sword. You get a rough shape,
then you refine it until you have a really sharp edge. Forge itself means to
"Move forward gradually or steadily", exactly how swords and software are
made (good ones).

I don't think "lightweight" really has to be the focus. Naturally, we do
want to imply speed, but I think each strike is an efficient one, like a
master blacksmith. And there are different hammers for each part of the
process (the right tool for the job).

So I think the anvil fits very well. Perhaps we need to add the sword to
portray the meaning.

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 16:54, Gunnar Morling <gunnar.morling at googlemail.com
> wrote:

>  I can't
> really draw, so I tried to google for this and found
> http://www.fotosearch.com/CSP203/k2035148/ which goes into the
> direction I had in mind. A character would also give a nice mascot.

This is a great way to communicate what you would like to see, without
having to be an artist. We did this a lot during the Arquillian logo
drafting process.

-Dan

--
Dan Allen