[forge-dev] Fwd: Seam Forge logos round 1

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Tue Jul 12 02:55:44 EDT 2011

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 17:37, Paul Bakker <paul.bakker.nl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I like the sword analogy, makes sense being a "craftsman" developer. Not sure if a sword would fit well in the logo (might get too complicated), but the idea behind it is perfect :-)
>
> I agree on the lightweight part too. The only thing that should be clear is that you won't get any lock-in with Forge, but to my opinion a anvil doesn't say you do have a lock-in. It also implies Forge is a tool that supports your crafsman work.
>

> Exactly. Anvils let you create what you want, the way you want to create it :) So indeed.

it requires maintaining flames and a lot of sweat and force --- but sure then everything is easy ;)

Just like lifting anvils are easy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWACi8yNATs

sorry - i just cant resist since for me anvils are heavy and evil things. Can you spot my memories
on having one dropped on my foot once ? :)

Note, I guess if you consider Forge as explosives then anvils are light weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhQ4dE_RGnQ

Note, just to be clear I like the smoothness/simplicity of the anvil/forge logo and I guess with all
the fun you apparently can have with anvils according to youtube its not all that bad ;)

/max