[forge-dev] Forge JRebel Plugin

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Tue May 10 13:22:27 EDT 2011

Hey!

Thanks for connecting with me on this. So, I am very interested in seeing a
Forge JRebel Setup plugin, and would like to help make this a reality.

In my estimation, it should take no more than 30 minutes to accomplish the
basic functionality using our new Maven APIs. I cannot speak for IDE
integration, because that is a little trickier, but if your maven plugin
takes care of most of the work, then it should at least help people out on
that regard, possibly also provide a path for obtaining licenses as well.

I'm not too too familiar with the latest JRebel setup (it's been a while
since I used it,) but perhaps we should start with building a list of things
you think (or would like) the plugin to do, and I can get you guys started.

How does that sound?

   - jrebel

   - setup (configures the project and does maven stuff)
      - status (display license and installation status)
      - update-config
      - get-license (would open a browser and step through that process)
      - install-license (takes license file and copies it to required
      location... etc)

Just a few ideas to get us started

http://ocpsoft.com
http://scrumshark.com