[forge-dev] Unit Test failures

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Wed May 11 16:31:31 EDT 2011

Hi Tim! Yes, you've encountered one of my more annoying issues with testing
Maven. These tests seem to be pretty "tempermental" at best, so my first
suggestion would be to try deleting the parts of your maven repo that the
test uses for its work (delete as high up as you are comfortable,) then try
again. I know this is a bit of a ... lame... suggestion, but there's not
really a good way to test this stuff other than actually hitting the
internet. If you have any ideas on how to improve this, I would be in your
debt.

~Lincoln

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Tim Pedone <macdude357 at gmail.com> wrote:

> First off, I think Forge is totally cool.  So much so, that I'd like
> to contribute in some way.  So I've forked the repo in GitHub and am
> trying to build it but am getting a few unit test failures in
> RepositoryLookupTest.testResolveVersions() and a few others. In
> stepping through the code, it seems like the Aether code isn't working
> properly. I assume this must be something unique to my setup:  MacOS
> 10.6 + JDK 1.6.0_24, Maven 3.0.3, JBoss Dev Studio 4.0.  The tests
> fail on both the command line and in Dev Studio.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim

http://ocpsoft.com