[forge-dev] Test testFindPlugin fails

Ivan St. Ivanov ivan.st.ivanov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 16:56:43 EST 2011

Hi folks,

I just fetched the latest version of forge. I launched maven build and it
failed while building the forge shell project. One of the tests
(ForgePluginTest::testFindPlugin) failed with the following exception:

java.lang.RuntimeException: no default repository set: (to set, type: set
DEFAULT_PLUGIN_REPO <repository>)
at org.jboss.forge.shell.util.PluginUtil.getDefaultRepo(PluginUtil.java:62)
at org.jboss.forge.shell.util.PluginUtil.findPlugin(PluginUtil.java:73)
at
org.jboss.forge.shell.plugins.builtin.ForgePlugin.find(ForgePlugin.java:158)
at
at
at org.jboss.forge.shell.command.Execution.perform(Execution.java:147)
at
org.jboss.forge.shell.command.fshparser.FSHRuntime.run(FSHRuntime.java:125)
at
org.jboss.forge.shell.command.fshparser.FSHRuntime.run(FSHRuntime.java:63)
at org.jboss.forge.shell.ShellImpl.execute(ShellImpl.java:716)
at
org.jboss.forge.shell.ShellImpl$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.execute(ShellImpl$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.java)
at
org.jboss.forge.shell.test.plugins.builtin.ForgePluginTest.testFindPlugin(ForgePluginTest.java:41)

I did a quick debug (the test failed in the IDE as well) and found that the
ForgePlugin class under test is initialized with an Environment object that
has an empty properties map. I tried to find out how the plugin gets
initialized, but I got lost somewhere in the calls of the Weld library:

from Execution::perform:90

         Class<? extends Plugin> pluginType = command.getParent().getType();

         Set<Bean<?>> beans = manager.getBeans(pluginType);
         Bean<?> bean = manager.resolve(beans);

However, I checked the CI server logs from today (
http://ci.jboss.org/jenkins/view/Forge/job/Forge-CI/366/console). The build
is broken, but the Forge shell project is built successfully.

Is there anything wrong with my setup? Just for your information, I'm using
Windows.

Thanks and regards,
Ivan

P.S. BTW I get the same compilation error as Jenkins when I run the build
with -DskipTests:

[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR : [INFO]
/mnt/hudson_workspace/workspace/Forge-CI/scaffold-faces/src/main/java/org/jboss/forge/scaffold/faces/metawidget/inspector/propertystyle/ForgePropertyStyle.java:[529,59]
type parameters of <T>T cannot be determined; no unique maximal
instance exists for type variable T with upper bounds
T,java.lang.annotation.Annotation