[forge-dev] Forge Plugin

Rafael Pestano rmpestano at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 16:00:06 EST 2011

Hi Torben, hi Lincon,

I also think that the entity plugin is a good place because to perform crud
operation we basically only need the entity (ok you can generate the
service later, its just a metter to inform the entity to the service plugin
but i would preffer generate all at once), the only problem i see in the
Torben's approach is that you're forcing the use of JPA + EJB, for example
i preffer to use hibernate + statefull EJB  to perfform the crud opp,
sometimes plain jdbc.

To overcome this we could  provide some parametrized service templates
which ${entity}Servive would extend, something like:

import org.jboss.forge.scaffold.service.${serviceTemplate}

public class ${entity}Servive extends
org.jboss.forge.scaffold.service.${serviceTemplate}<${entity}>

where serviceTemplate can be a stateless(ful) ebj or Spring template with
crud operations based on entityManager or hibernate session.

so when the user is generating the entity a list of service templates is
prompted.

Just an idea, maybe it helps.

2011/11/13 Lincoln Baxter <lincoln at ocpsoft.com>

> Hi Torben,
>
> Our trip fron Stuttgart was great :) lots of speed.
>
> That's fantastic! Another win over Archetypes ;) I will take a look at
> your code. We could definitely figure out where to put this. Just so I know
> what you are thinking, why do you think the entity-plugin is the right
> place?
>
> Copying forge-dev,
> ~Lincoln
>
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Torben Jaeger <torben at jit-central.com>wrote:
>
>> Hey Lincoln,
>>
>> how was your trip to Munich? Devoxx next?
>>
>> I've made some first steps with forge plugins. I've convinced my team to
>> use forge for code generation and my colleague told me that he wants to use
>> forge instead of the already self-written, existing maven archetypes!
>> Mission accomplished ;)
>>
>> If u have time maybe u can have a look at
>> https://github.com/jicken/entity-service-forge-plugin
>> Maybe this could be done using the entity plugin with an additional
>> option: --create-service-facade.
>>
>> I was wondering why it doesn't already exist ...
>>
>> Say hi to Dan and ALR ... if u're still traveling together.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Torben
>>

>> Torben Jäger
>> Geschäftsführer
>>
>> JIT Consulting GmbH
>> Obere Schlossgartenstr. 10
>> D-74196 Neuenstadt a. Kocher
>>
>> Handelsregister         Amtsgericht Heilbronn, HRB 8567
>> Geschäftsführer         Torben Jäger
>> Ust-IdNr.                             DE234692437
>>
>> Tel. +49 - (0) 152 3357 9096
>> Fax  +49 - (0) 71 39 45 46 40
>>
>> mailto:torben.jaeger at jit-consulting.eu
>> http://www.jit-consulting.eu
>>
>> public key available via keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
>>
>> "it's jit, not shit."
>>

> --
> Lincoln Baxter, III
> http://ocpsoft.com
> http://scrumshark.com
> "Keep it Simple"

<http://www.advancedit.com.br/>Att,

Rafael M. Pestano

Desenvolvedor Java Cia. de Processamento de Dados do Rio Grande do Sul
Graduando em Ciência da Computação UFRGS
@realpestano