[forge-dev] debug output from bean discovery during startup

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 00:49:44 EST 2011

Discovery failure shouldn't be so verbose. This is a problem we have with
weld, though. There's no real way to squelch this and still report the
correct information (I would much prefer to log this. Actually, that may be
an option - simply redirecting all of these messages to
~/.forge/logs/runtime.log might do the trick (have to create that feature ;)

~Lincoln

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 9:39 PM, Keith Babo <kbabo at redhat.com> wrote:

> OK, so the error was due to a stale jar.index in the plugin module.  So
> that's my bad.  Still kinda interested to hear whether the discovery
> failure should be so loud though.
>
> ~ keith
>
> On Nov 23, 2011, at 9:09 PM, Keith Babo wrote:
>

> > Hey,
> >
> > I get about 60 lines of the following debug output (snipped for brevity)
> when starting Forge with one of our plugins installed.  The plugin works
> just fine after this error is reported.  My guess is that this is really
> just a harmless discovery error, but it looks pretty ugly from a user
> standpoint.  Is there an option/setting for disabling or redirecting this
> output?  FWIW, the class mentioned in the stack trace is present within the
> module.
> >
> > thanks,
> > keith
> >
> > 2011-11-23 20:56:37 ClassLoading [DEBUG] WELD-000119 Not generating any
> bean definitions from
> org.switchyard.component.bpm.config.model.v1.V1ProcessActionModel because
> of underlying class loading error
> > 2011-11-23 20:56:37 ClassLoading [DEBUG] catching
> > org.jboss.weld.resources.spi.ResourceLoadingException:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/switchyard/component/bpm/common/ProcessActionType
> >       at
> org.jboss.weld.environment.se.discovery.url.WeldSEResourceLoader.classForName(WeldSEResourceLoader.java:70)
> >       at
> org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.BeanDeployer.addClass(BeanDeployer.java:82)
> >       at
> org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.BeanDeployer.addClasses(BeanDeployer.java:134)
> >       at
> org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.BeanDeployment.createBeans(BeanDeployment.java:191)
> >       at
> org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.WeldBootstrap.deployBeans(WeldBootstrap.java:368)
> >       at org.jboss.weld.environment.se.Weld.initialize(Weld.java:92)
> >       at org.jboss.forge.shell.Bootstrap$1.run(Bootstrap.java:82)
> >       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
> > Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/switchyard/component/bpm/common/ProcessActionType
> >       at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
> >       at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2427)
> >       at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1791)
> >       at
> org.jboss.weld.environment.se.discovery.url.WeldSEResourceLoader.classForName(WeldSEResourceLoader.java:59)
> >       ... 7 more
> org.switchyard.component.bpm.common.ProcessActionType from [Module
> "org.switchyard.switchyard-forge-plugin:0.3.0-SNAPSHOT" from local module
> loader @2bb5340c (roots:
> /opt/forge-1.0.0.Beta3/modules,/Users/kbabo/.forge/plugins)]
> >       at
> org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader.findClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:191)
> >       at
> [...]

http://ocpsoft.com
http://scrumshark.com
"Keep it Simple"