[forge-dev] Class Loading Error: ResourceLoadingException

Marius Bogoevici mariusb at redhat.com
Tue Nov 29 22:50:57 EST 2011

All,

The problem can be made to go away by adding a dependency on
'org.jboss.forge' in the plugin module (since this is where seam-render.
That would be, however, a wrong thing to do, since it breaks modularity
big time. On the other hand, adding seam-render to the module itself
causes other types of class loader errors (due to the duplication).

IMO the right way to deal with this would be to split out a separate
'seam-render' (or otherwise aptly named) module, that plugins can depend
on (after all, it is conceivable that template-based code generation is
a wider used pattern, and third party plugins will want to get access to
Forge's template-based generation facilities - perhaps just at the API
level).

Thoughts?