[forge-dev] Recommended way to retrieve properties from a JavaClass?

Richard Kennard richard at kennardconsulting.com
Fri Oct 28 00:26:51 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

As I understand it, Forge has an understanding of your project that transcends Java's own understanding. So for example if I say...

    field string --named foo

...Forge knows I'm creating a property, and it creates getters and setters for that property. But later if I do...

    org.jboss.forge.parser.java.JavaClass.getMethods()

...then I get back just normal methods. I'll have to check their signature for 'get' or 'set' to see if they're properties. Equally if I do...

    org.jboss.forge.parser.java.JavaClass.getFields()

...I'm not really sure if these are properties (and if so, what their getter/setter methods are), or whether they're just normal internal fields.

Is there a recommended way to 'get back out' the list of properties for a class? Something that tells me a) the field; b) the getter; c) the setter?

Richard.