[forge-dev] Method.getReturnType questions

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 13:21:52 EDT 2011

Hey Richard,

We don't return a JavaType because there's no way to tell if the type we
are returning is actually something we can get the sources of. We could
perhaps implement a strategy where if a JavaType is produced for a type
such as "java.lang.ArrayList", then we would need to throw
"MissingSourceException" if we attempt to perform any operations on that
class. Thoughts?

All good finds! This API was, as I hinted at before - quickly moved to a
state where it could be used, but never "polished") These are certainly
things we can clean up. Just put in JIRAs and we'll make sure the kinks get
worked out :)

~Lincoln

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 1:38 AM, Richard Kennard <
richard at kennardconsulting.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> A couple questions regarding
> org.jboss.forge.parser.java.Method.getReturnType:
>
> 1. How come it returns a String, instead of a JavaType?
> 2. The String is just the name, not the fully qualified name. How can I
> get the fully qualified name?
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard.

http://ocpsoft.com