[forge-dev] SEAMFORGE-153

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 17:34:27 EDT 2011

The issue refers to the container naming standards, which are defined in the
arq ref guide, containers chapter.

Most important is that jboss as is written jbossas and not jboss or
jboss-as.

I think the artifact pattern is

vendor-type-compatversion

ex.

jbossas-remote-6

For packages, it's

vendor.type_compatversion

ex.

jbossas.remote_6

The version should mirror the version Arquillian defines. The version is the
min container version that is compatible. For instance, 6 covers 6.0.0 and
6.1.0. If we had a jbossas-remote-6.2 it would mean you need this adapter if
you are on 6.2 or higher.

In other words, we introduce a new adapter version when the existing adapter
no longer works with the newer version of the container.

Let's make sure we link the arq plugin refguide to the relevant section in
the arq refguide, as it pertains to this topic.

- Dan Allen

Sent from my Android-powered phone:
An open platform for carriers, consumers and developers