[forge-dev] Is there a way to *not* list snapshot dependencies unless required?

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 03:06:34 EDT 2012

Amen! This bugs me every time (and yes, I keep meaning to send a pull
request, but...)

If nothing else, the *default* selection should be the latest release. You
can either use the last non-snapshot, or you could consult the
maven-metadata.xml for what is reported to be the latest release (though
that's not always accurate).

Either way, you shouldn't end up with a snapshot by accepting defaults.
That's just putting the user on a risky path.

-Dan

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 02:56, Max Rydahl Andersen
<max.andersen at redhat.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The endless paging of dependencies is getting to me in Forge ;)
>
> Is there an option to not show snapshot dependencies so as a user you
> actually use releases instead of random tip of snapshot builds ?
>
> /max

Dan Allen
Registered Linux User #231597

http://google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen