[forge-dev] GitPlugin Facet

Jevgeni Zelenkov jevgeni.zelenkov at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 19 15:59:50 EDT 2012

Hi Forge Developers,

I am interested in the forge project, especially in git-related
functionality. I am a CS student and I submitted a proposal to this
year's google summer of code to implement a git powered undo
functionality in forge, as mentioned in the FORGE-320 issue. Even though
accepted proposals will be announced on Monday, April 23rd, I decided to
dive into forge source code.

A good starting point recommended by Lincoln, was FORGE-183. I created a
git facet in the forge core project, under
'git-tools\src\main\java\org.jboss.forge.git\GitFacet' but I guess that
is not the best place for it.

Lincoln, you mentioned splitting the plugin in two parts. Could you
please provide more details?

Guys, if you have any ideas related to either FORGE-320 or FORGE-183,
please let me know.

Best regards,
Jevgeni Zelenkov

P.S.
I will add ideas from my gsoc proposal into the FORGE-320 after the
announcement on Monday.